Frugal Upstate's Garden Journal

This is my online Garden Journal. I am tracking not only what I plant and when, but the techniques I try and wether they succeed or fail. Posting here will be much more sporadic than my daily posts over at Frugal Upstate

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

5/10 update

Bought 6 large bags of compost from a local farm yesterday. Then went to Frog Pond Farms and bought more scarlet runner beans, 2 blueberry bushes, and a bunch of veggies to eat.

I was also offered 5 hills of rhubarb from a neighbor. I need to dig some of it up and move it over (now that I have compost to fortify it with). She said that I could wait until fall if I though that moving it now would kill it. I'll probably move some and then leave some growing over at her place to harvest, just in case!!

No sprouting yet on the Chard I planted. I am studiously keeping them moist.

Tied up the Clematis that has started growing on the clothesline posts. I bought those last year and they did NADA! This year they suddenly took an interest in life.

Ordered Slobolt lettuce seed, asparagus crowns, and new zealand spinach seed online last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home