Frugal Upstate's Garden Journal

This is my online Garden Journal. I am tracking not only what I plant and when, but the techniques I try and wether they succeed or fail. Posting here will be much more sporadic than my daily posts over at Frugal Upstate

Thursday, April 13, 2006

4/13 Germinated Seeds

In the last 2 days the following seeds have germinated:

Cherry Tomatoes
Marmande Tomatoes
Jenny Lind Melons
Straight 8 and National Pickling Cukes
Basil
Summer Savory

I also purchased 6 cedar 1/2 barrels yesterday. ($17 each) I plan on stacking them on top of each other to make tall planters for melon and squash. The plan is that they will cascade down the barrels and not have to sprawl across my limited lawn.

I also purchased additional petunia seeds. ($1.84) and 6 tall bamboo poles ($1)

Outside even more of my winter sown seeds have germinated. Even the petunias have sprouts coming up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home