Frugal Upstate's Garden Journal

This is my online Garden Journal. I am tracking not only what I plant and when, but the techniques I try and wether they succeed or fail. Posting here will be much more sporadic than my daily posts over at Frugal Upstate

Monday, April 10, 2006

4/10 germinated seeds

Well, I checked my flats a few minutes ago and I have seedlings coming up in my zinnia and Teddy Bear Sunflower flats! Yeah! So I turned the shop light on, took the cover off them and put them under the light.

No sign of life on anything else there

My winter sown plants seem to be coming up and surviving despite the very cold evenings. I'm considering doing a few scarlet runner beans and kale, and maybe a very few lettuce and spinach to see if it will give me a little jump on the garden (it is still too cold and wet to put them out) Then again, maybe I should just wait a week and plant straight in the garden.

Dh built me another bed on the end of my 4X8 bed that I already had. So I just doubled my garden space. Yeah! Now I just need to get the compost, peatmoss and vermiculite to mix up for the soil.

Daffodils are up with big flower buds out front. The tulips are up, but no buds yet. I also noticed that the bleeding heart is coming up in the front bed-I may dig some up and try to pot it for sale or gifting-I really don't want that little bed completely overun by bleedingheart again this year. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home