Frugal Upstate's Garden Journal

This is my online Garden Journal. I am tracking not only what I plant and when, but the techniques I try and wether they succeed or fail. Posting here will be much more sporadic than my daily posts over at Frugal Upstate

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Memorial Day

A very busy garden day.

I transplanted 8 peppers, 3 cukes, Basil, Dill, Cilantro into garden beds. Transplanted 3 tomatoes around the clothes line, as well as some swiss chard (thinned from regular bed) Planted the Lovage next to the chives, planted up the "herb"pot and strawberry pot.

On side of house transplanted 4 ground cherries, and 5 extra tomato plants.

In front beds transplanted 4 candlelight peppers, all the pinks, all the zinnias, all the petunias.

In the wiskey barrels transplanted 4 pattypan squash, 4 acorn squash, 3 watermelon, 4 jenny lind melon.

Planted bush beans, kentucky wonder beans, trombucio squash, lima beans.

Last week transplanted 4 pumpkins behind the shed, and planted the scarlet runner beans in the window boxes.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, I saw that you had planted Jenny Lind Melon.

    Would you be interested in exchanging a picture of a full grown melon in exchange for a free packet of seeds? Please let me know. pics@penyaseeds.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home